Companies today are faced with many challenges and opportunities within the global marketplace. Suppliers around the world have the potential to increase a product’s value by lowering input costs. U.S. companies, for example, may be able to find lower-priced components which offer a competitive edge, or new products that complement an existing product line. Just as when sourcing within the U.S. domestic market, it is important to find reliable and credible suppliers.
Importing has its challenges, such as managing long-distance relationships and arranging trade financing, transportation and customs clearance. The WTCGP can assist in developing your import strategy, identifying reliable suppliers, and helping to put systems in place to ensure a total supply chain solution.
Our global network and professional expertise can help navigate different business and legal systems, U.S. regulatory and customs issues, and logistics issues. The WTCGP can:
- Research overseas markets;
- Identify and manage overseas suppliers;
- Navigate international transport and establish relationships with logistics companies;
- Understand import compliance and acquisition procedures;
- Mitigate risk by facilitating trade finance and foreign currency tools; and
- Determine precise import duties, tariffs and quotas.